The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme help youth reach their fullest potential through a positive environment, lifelong learning, and quality programs dedicated to the arts, education, character and leadership development, health and recreation.
Founded in 1954, the two clubs merged in 1997 to become the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme. In 2004 the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme opened 9 new school sites and in 2006 it added 11 additional sites in the Ocean View, Hueneme and Rio School Districts. Currently the Club has 3 full service clubhouses, one Public Housing Unit and 13 school sites. The Samuelsson Clubhouse the historic club located on 7th street reopened on June 11, 2007. 53 years after it had originally opened. The Martin V. Smith Clubhouse opened in October of 2001. In addition, the first club located in a Juvenile facility in the state of California opened in January 2007 at the Ventura County Juvenile Justice Facility
Director: Petrina Sharp
Sponsor: NONPROFIT FIRE, Fundraising for Nonprofits
Sponsor: PJ MURALS, We Paint Your World Beautiful
Sponsor: SKYWORKS MARKETING, Performance Advertising