Sara Roberts is the Senior City Librarian at E.P. Foster Library. In this interview with Our Ventura TV host, George Alger, Sara talks about the programs that contribute to the creation of a modern library, as well as the benefits for a diverse community and people of all ages.
Of course the library is known for its collection of physical books, but there are also electronic books, audio books and electronic audio books as well as music, movies, use of computers and the Internet, community rooms and more.
Sara discusses some of their programs that include:
* Book Appétit, which has a main purpose to celebrate food and bring our diverse community and tastes together.
* Free music in the Topping Room
* Open mic night and poetry readings in the Topping Room
* California State University, Channel Islands Lecture Series
* Writing and performance group for teens
* Youth Advisory Group
* Storytimes for children
* Guest Speakers
* Art displays
Sara describes how the library shares and receives books within Ventura County, as well as from other libraries in California and even the rest of the world. She also talks about the San Buenaventura Friends of the Library Store and the volunteers.
Director: Petrina Sharp