Our Ventura TV Series
Our Ventura TV is an award-winning weekly talk show television series broadcast on Ventura cable channel 6 TV and also published on this website as well as on social media networks. The programs are primarily about nonprofits, community advocates, leaders, artists and organizations who contribute in some way to the Ventura County community.
We seek to connect messages of human good with the good of humanity.
Introduction to Our Ventura TV (79sec)
Our Ventura Broadcast Times
Our Ventura TV shows are broadcast on Ventura cable channel 6 on Sundays at 2:00 pm, Tuesdays at 9:00 pm and Saturdays at noon, as well as some additional floating times. Every week there is a new show and each program is broadcast at least three times per week (often 5 times per week). Many of the studio talk show segments are about 15 minutes in length.
Our Ventura Theme
Since we began in 2008, the theme for the TV series has been “People doing good things in Ventura County” and the surrounding area. The majority of programs are talk shows featuring guests who are interviewed about their activities in the community. Additionally, there are music, theatrical and other entertainment productions.
Awards and Press
- 2020: Article in the Ventura Breeze newspaper
- 2019: Article in the Ventura Breeze newspaper (p16)
- 2018: Winner — Imagine Then Vote; Go Outside (And Vote), AKA Propaganda Rejects
- 2018: Article in the Ventura Breeze newspaper (p17)
- 2018: Article in the Camarillo Acorn newspaper
- 2017: Article in Toastmasters International magazine (p27)
- 2016: Runner Up — Short Film; Ocean Defenders: Stories Lived
- 2016: Honorable Mention — Short Film; Heaven on Earth: Heaven Now Project
- 2015: Community TV Recognition Award — Our Ventura TV: CAPS TV
- 2014: Finalist — Public Service Announcement (PSA); Ventura County Sheriff’s K9 Unit: ACM West (Association for Community Media)
- 2014: Article in the Ventura County Star
- 2013: Winner — Documentary/Interviews; Civic and Community; Face of Ventura: CAPS TV
- 2012: Winner — Documentary/Interviews; Civic and Community; Legacy of Tortilla Flats: CAPS TV
- 2012: Finalist — Documentary/Interview; Arts, Culture and Music; Expressionist Artist: CAPS TV
- 2011: Finalist — Performance; Arts, Culture and Music; Phillie Ain’t No Fool: CAPS TV
Our Ventura Hosts and Guests
The hosts and guests are of all ages (young to mature) and include:
♦ Artists, Actors, Musicians and representatives of Art Groups
♦ Business Leaders
♦ Community Clubs and Organizations
♦ Municipal Representatives
Our Ventura Producer and Director
The program series is produced by George Alger, and directed by Michelle Hoover at Community Access Partners of San Buenaventura (CAPS TV). The programs are sponsored by Skyworks Marketing, NonProfit Fire and GWC Productions.
A Message from the Producer of Our Ventura
It has been my good fortune to have lived and worked in several wonderful places on both coasts of the United States. In 2003 I relocated to Ventura and became enchanted by the seaside paradise and coastal mountain vistas of Ventura County and I am proud to call this home.
For business I run a digital advertising agency and one of the things I do for the community is to produce the Our Ventura TV series. If you are so inclined, you are welcome to participate as a guest, a host, or even as a production associate. Just click “CONTACT” for more information.
Our Ventura TV Producer